Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Far, So Good for New GM

This will be a short post, as there was none planned for today, but the Twins made a couple of moves that prompted it. To start, Lew Ford and Josh Rabe, as expected, opted for free agency rather than report to Rochester. In addition, Matt LeCroy was outrighted, and he chose free agency like Rabe and Ford. After making that room on the roster, the Twins removed Francisco Liriano, Jesse Crain, Jose Morales, and Alejandro Machado from the 60-day DL and reinstated the first 3 to the 40-man roster, while Machado accepted his assignment to AAA Rochester (meaning he is no longer on the 40-man roster). Finally, Dennys Reyes was taken off the 15-day DL and reinstated to the active roster.

As the title of this post suggested, I have been in agreement with all of Bill Smith's roster moves thus far. He has done a good job of removing much of the deadweight on the roster, though there are still some players (see my previous post) who need to be taken off. Also, the toughest part is still to come, as he has to search for better players to fill these spots. As I posted in my 40-man roster suggestions, I left a few spots open because I was not sure who should be added in those spots. Luckily for me, I don't actually have to find players to fill those spots, but Smith does, and I hope he does a good job improving the Twins' depth with the players he uses those spots for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us hear your thoughts!