Sunday, July 18, 2010

Season-Ending Surgery

I was laying in bed last night, ready to go to sleep, when I got a text message from Twin #2's girlfriend.  It said something to the effect of "Another Twins injury.  Big loss."  I was worried--my thoughts went from Francisco Liriano to Joe Mauer to Carl Pavano.  I knew none of those guys had had any injury notes of late, save Mauer's normal wear and tear from catching, but still.

I responded, asking what had happened to whom, only to get the answer: "Clay Condrey.  Season-ending surgery."

So that's it for Condrey.  He was signed in the off-season, and was billed as a good acquisition.  Unfortunately the Twins will pay him his $900,000 salary without getting a single Major League pitch from him.  Perhaps he'll get another shot next year, but that seems unlikely at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us hear your thoughts!