Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Sunday

It is officially Super Bowl Sunday!

And, on that note, new allegations continue to pop up about the Patriots and their spying tendencies. I really don't know what to think, because I want it to be true so that I can be vindicated in my campaign that the Patriots have been cheating for years (ask my brother- I've been calling them cheaters for 7 years now) and I want to see all their success marred by controversy and scandal. On the other hand, it would be terrible for the NFL, and I love football, and even I have a hard time being convinced that the Patriots are the only ones doing this. Former Patriot QB Drew Bledsoe confirms this suspicion in an ESPN. com article by saying that "that kind of stuff has been going on for as long as there have been video cameras." But then another (anonymous) former Patriot QB fuels the fire by saying that "New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September."

In the end, all I want to know is what really happened, and the NFL hasn't done a good job of that. They apparently didn't contact the former video assistant who claims to have incriminating evidence against the Pats. Today the NFL released a statement that they knew about these rumors months ago, but no evidence was contained in the notes and tapes that the Pats turned over. Here's the exact quote, as reported in the Boston Herald:

"There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the
Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true." -NFL spokesman Greg Aiello

Are you kidding me?! Does that really constitute any sort of investigation? Since the Pats, a team that cheated in at least one game for sure, didn't willingly turn over any evidence of further cheating, then there's no need to investigate further? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyways, with all that said, let's just look forward to a good old-fashioned Patriots' loss tomorrow, hopefully coming as a result of a crucial Tom Brady mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us hear your thoughts!