Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Rampant Speculation

The title of the post says it all. I know I haven't been posting much for this being such an important moment in the Twins' offseason, but things change so quickly that it isn't really worth it. One moment a deal is reported to be done, the next moment the two teams say that they haven't even talked. Just go look at all the Santana trade rumors on mlbtraderumors.com (a great site for baseball rumors by the way). 22 updates in one day! Anyways, with a seeming period of quiet right now, I'll make just a couple quick observations. I'm warming up to the Red Sox supposed 5 for 1 deal (Lester/Crisp/Lowrie/Masterson/Kalish, or something of the like), but I'd still like to see the Twins get more high-end prospects. With Miguel Cabrera off the market, I would love to see the Angels and/or Dodgers get involved. They both have top prospects that are better fits for the Twins' needs. Apparently, the Rangers inquired about Santana, but did not really pursue it. I don't think they have anything really to offer the Twins.

As a final note, Chris Basak was outrighted to the minors. I've been saying that they needed to take him off the 40-man roster, and they finally did. Tomorrow is the Rule V draft. I'm not sure if the Twins are planning to take anyone, and personally I'm more worried about them losing a guy like Yohan Pino or Brock Peterson in the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us hear your thoughts!