Monday, December 3, 2007

Time to Deal

With reports coming out that Santana will not waive his no-trade clause during the season or for a team other than the Yankees or Red Sox, I think it's time for Bill Smith to make a move so that we can move on. Pick which available package sounds best, Ellsbury/Lowrie/prospect from Red Sox or Hughes/Cabrera/prospect, and get the deal done today. At this point, I don't even know which deal I would choose. Each time I read an argument for 1 of the trades, I agree with it, but then I'll see someone argue for the other one, and I'll agree with that as well. Both of these are far less than I expected the Twins to get at the beginning of trade negotiations, but after turning my life over to the computer and Santana trade rumors for the past 4 or 5 days, I'm just ready for it to end. I'm disappointed that this is all that's out there and that Santana would come out with these demands right while the Twins are trying to trade him. I don't know what to think anymore; my brain is pretty much on Twins overload, and I hope when I wake up tomorrow, a deal is done so that I can get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us hear your thoughts!